Campsites and caravan parks
Camping and caravanning in the UK is great fun and with over 6200 sites listed in this app (which includes 1839 non-membership sites, 172 Caravan Club sites, 2559 Caravan Club Certified Locations and 1690 from the Camping and Caravanning Club), you'll easily find a place to stay on the GPS enabled map* or A-Z list filtered by:
- Camping pods / wigwams
- Luxury camping
- Touring caravans
- Static caravans (hire)
- Static caravans (buy / site)
- Lodge / cottage
Every site listed is stored in the app so even when you don't have an Internet connection you can access the site's name, postcode, telephone number, website address and the accommodation facilities where available. When you do have an Internet connection, you'll also be able to view the map and the website of the site. We only list sites with websites (at the time they're added to the app) so you can quickly access the information you need to plan your trip.
You can also write site reviews and give them a star rating. Reviews can even be written when you're offline and they will be uploaded next time you connect to the Internet so they can be shared with other users.
Sites can be searched for by name (or part of) and by the facilities available. It's also possible to launch Apple Maps, Google Maps or TomTom (if you have them installed) directly from the site summary screen by touching the postcode for the site, which will allow you to easily plan a route.
If you know of a site that's not listed, or see information which is out of date, then you can help keep the database accurate by sending a site update directly from the app. The app will automatically download updates when you run the app every few days if you have an Internet connection.
Campsites and caravan parks requires iOS 8.0+
- View the location of UK campsites and caravan parks on an interactive scrollable map
- Hundreds of non-membership site pin locations are now at the exact point (or very close to) the exact location of the campsite
- The whole database is synced from the Internet, so new sites can be added and site updates can be made without an app update; you can still use the app offline, but will need an Internet connection to keep the database up-to-date or submit reviews & site updates
- The map can be changed to 'Satellite' and 'Hybrid' modes by touching the 'i' icon in the bottom right of the map.
- Search the map by city, town or village
- Search for a site by region using the A-Z list
- Sites can be searched by name (or part of) from the A-Z list
- Sites can be filtered by facilities from the "Site options" button
- View site details, site facilities & reviews on a single screen and visit its website. Almost all the sites listed have websites.
- See the average star rating for sites as decided by our users
- Read site reviews written by other users and write your own. You can even write reviews when you're offline and they will be uploaded next time you connect to the Internet
- If you have Google Maps or TomTom installed then you can plan a route directly from the site summary screen by touching the site postcode
- The screen can be rotated to landscape on the website tab (iPhone)
- Submit new sites via the app or send site updates
- Supports iPad and iPhone (including iPhone 5) screens
- Support for iPhone and iPad Retina displays
- Includes luxury campsites
- Includes many Caravan Club sites
- Includes many Caravan Club Certified Locations
- Includes many Camping and Caravan club sites
* devices which do not contain GPS are still able to use the map, but their current location may not be available.
If you have purchased this application and require support, please see the FAQs.
We always appreciate hearing your feedback or ideas for improvements. If you've purchased this application and would like to see a new or updated feature then please e-mail us.